Export for argentine citizens and foreign residents with permanent visa:
- Only 1 car and/or 1 motorcycle per person older than 21 years old may be exported.
- The vehicles must be registered at the Vehicles Registry (Registro del Automotor) under the shipper’s name for at least 6 months prior to the export date. They will pay export taxes
- Complete vehicle documents (Title deed, green card, etc.) is required.
Import of vehicles:
- Argentine citizens returning to reside in Argentina after residing abroad for a minimum of TWO (2) years, and foreigners coming to reside with a Permanent Resident Visa, may import one (1) automobile and/or one (1) motorcycle. VERY IMPORTANT:These vehicles must have been registered in shipper’s name a minimum of three (3) months prior to shippers arrival in Argentina to reside and/or the vehicles arrival to Argentina. These must pay duties of approx. 80% (for petrol engines) and 100% (for diesel engines) of C.I.F. value (cost, insurance and freight).
NOTE: If the value of the automobile as assessed by Argentine customs is below US$ 15.000, the automobile will be exempt from paying import duties (Resolucion General No. 3109 / 2011 – This only applies to automobiles). – These vehicles may not be sold for two (2) years.
- Passengers with a Temporary Residence Visa may bring in one (1) automobile and/or one (1) motorcycle under a temporary permit for 8 months, renewable.
Documentation required (automobiles / motorcycles): as well as those previously listed:
- Original purchase invoice of automobile/motorcycle.
- Original license of automobile/motorcycle (Automobile or motorcycle must have been purchased, licensed and registered in shipper’s name) a minimum of three (3) months prior to shippers arrival in Argentina to reside and/or the vehicles arrival to Argentina.
- Certificate of residence issued by the Argentine Consulate from the country of origin which will prove their residence abroad of a minimum of two (2) years.
- If automobile/motorcycle and household goods are sent under the same OBL (Ocean Bill of Lading) we will require all three (3) original copies of OBL for customs clearance.